Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How to repair a zip

So, unfortunately the zip to my MINKPINK shorts broke *insert mean joke about my weight*, and because I have only worn then once, I don't have the heart to give them just up yet. However, I also didn't have the time to find another zip of perfect length, replace it and repair it. So this is just a neat trick that my mum taught me.


What you will need:
- clothing with broken zip (only works for METAL zips unfortunately, make sure all teeth are still in place)
- candle stick
- patience


Take the candle (here I just used a simple non-scented candle) and rub it against the teeth of the zip. This will help lubricate the zip and encourage it to come together. Keep rubbing it and attempting to re-zip it up together. Note that this may take a while, it took me a good 5-10 minutes.

And that's it, simple as pie. Speaking of pie, I'm going to end this post because I smell pie baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment